About Us

Camera Records in Time was formed in the summer of 2009 out of a desire to create an environment where photographers can habitually come together to support one another artistically and receive feedback about their work.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Laura Miner: Presence

Presence I © Laura Miner 2013
The image on the right is a photograph of milk in water.
A good amount of people viewed this image at two different craft fairs I vended at, and most thought it was smoke. It was still a fine guess. What I want to achieve is a ghostly image. This series of images is about me exploring the possibilities of capturing a presence; something hanging in the air. Something that twists, writhes and is unexplainable.

My goal is to essentially mix these images with those from the Tiny Ghosts post from May. Having wallpaper helps domesticate the scene, but I want to go forward with building tiny underwater sets with furniture and more complicated lighting.

My website features these images and two videos of the food dye and air bubbles in action. I hope to soon share the fully realized concept.




Presence II © Laura Miner 2013
Presence III © Laura Miner 2013

Presence IV © Laura Miner 2013
Presence V © Laura Miner 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...