About Us

Camera Records in Time was formed in the summer of 2009 out of a desire to create an environment where photographers can habitually come together to support one another artistically and receive feedback about their work.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Micheal Powers: From the "Daydream" Series

I feel, as I have often feared, that I am transforming in to a secluded family figure. By exposing this fear, I can attempt to reverse the transformation.
Untitled 1 ©2012 Michael Powers

Untitled 2 ©2012 Michael Powers

This obsession with my family history brought about an internal struggle that had been previously submerged. The photographs I have made in response to that struggle depict a life of deep isolation from my parents, evoking an uncomfortable nostalgia for hauntingly familiar surroundings. Being inspired by past feelings of isolation led me to create these images where I can attempt a connection to the disconnected character I am so afraid of becoming.

Untitled 3 ©2012 Michael Powers

Untitled 4 ©2012 Michael Powers

Untitled 5 ©2012 Michael Powers

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...